Like we said in our email, it's getting harder to ignore the coronavirus. We understand that it's strange and uncertain times right now and wanted to take time to share our commitment to all of you. As a Team, we came together to decide how we wanted to face this.
Our first message is: WE ARE HERE.
We are a small business that will continue to welcome customers and friends into our doors. We rely on your patronage to continue and hope you know how grateful we are for ANY support. Thank you in advance for helping us through times like this.
Our 2nd message is: WE CARE. We care about our customer, our team members, and our local community.
OUR CUSTOMER CARE:
We are monitoring everything closely and following guidelines put forth by the CDC and Hawaii State Department of Health. We are dedicated to making health and safety a priority for everyone. Here are the steps we are taking:
- We have shared specific instruction with our Team Members on the importance of hand washing and staying home if they feel sick. (also staying home if they have been traveling - which is not the case currently).
- We have defined cycles for frequent cleaning of common areas (door handles/knobs, light switches, handrails, etc.)
- We have enhanced daily cleaning of our bathroom, fitting rooms, and cash wrap area.
- We are diffusing doTERRA's "On Guard" Protective oils that supports immune health and has cleansing properties.
- We will be providing anti-bacterial hand wipes for everyone in-store.
OUR TEAM MEMBER CARE:
You know our team means everything to us. As a company we put each member as a priority and in times like this we'd like to share how we are continuing our efforts to care for them.
- Each Full-Time Employee gets EXTENDED health benefits from HMSA (we don't provide just basic care).
- We offer paid-time sick leave. We want to encourage our staff to take time off if they aren't well by making sure they (and their families) are still provided for while they are not at work.
- We understand that they must put self-care as a priority and have expressed we will be flexible to their concerns.
OUR LOCAL CREATIVE COMMUNITY:
We are blessed to be part of such a close network of local creatives and it's Ten Tomorrow's mission to be a platform to empower our community. We are making a stand to make sure we open our hearts and doors to other brands who may need opportunities to reach their customers. We are also happy to be a part of a neighborhood who is full of small business and can come together to make sure we are all supporting each other. Please stay tuned to our email notices on upcoming community events!
We also wanted to share our general thoughts. We want to be completely respectful of everyone and how they want to prepare and be safe. We know that some of you may not be able to come in and love you just as much. We will be working hard to think creatively how to still be of service beyond online shopping. We also hope to continue our messaging as positive and encouraging. While we are sympathetic to isolation, we hope that together we can keep compassion and remember that we are ALL CONNECTED. This is a collective effort to find the balance between staying safe AND continuing to live. WE ARE ONE.
Lastly, here are our friendly TIPS for staying healthy:
- Elbow bumping (or toe tapping) is the NEW HUG :)
- We are still accepting hugs here at TT but for those of you concerned, we would be happy to just wave or elbow bump to stay safe.
- Make a DIY Hand Sanitizer
- All you need is rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel. 3 parts alcohol / 2 parts aloe.
- Add 8-10 drops of your favorite scented oil for fragrance.
- Try not to stress
- Stress can lower your immune health so smile and focus on the positive.
- This is not forever, we will get through it together.
Thank you again everyone for your dedication and support of our little brand and boutique. We are so happy to be here with you and can't wait to see you again soon.